Sunrise offers a pure cloud computing platform with centralized data storage and integrated OmniChannel-ERP software running in a web browser, anytime & anywhere
Sunrise Software as a Service (Saas)
Storing and accessing data on private computers and servers has been common practice for years. During the cloud revolution, more and more data and programs shifted to distant servers, "somewhere" in the cloud.
Sunrise offers Software as a Service (SaaS). Sunrise data and applications are facilitated by Sunrise servers at datacenters in different places. The availability of data and applications is guaranteed by replicating the data and applications. If one server goes down, another server takes over.
Sunrise applications run on all devices with a recent web browser, for example:
- Smart TVs
- Desktop and laptop computers
- Handheld devices
And yes, while the applications are web-based, they run on all common platforms:
- Apple OS X
- Apple iOS
Cloud requires an internet connection but after the start, Sunrise applications can run in full-offline mode because data is cached locally. So if the internet connection gets lost, the application keeps running using local storage. After recovery of a stable internet connection, all data is synchronized with the cloud again.
The Sunrise SaaS subscription contains all services needed to make data and applications available from the cloud. Important Sunrise SaaS services:
- to offer the required capacity on application, data and replication servers;
- enabling access to data and applications to authorized accounts (users);
- server maintenance, upgrading and extending server hardware and software;
- providing the required network infrastructure like routers, switches, firewalls and redundant server capacity;
- daily backup of all data to a data server in another datacenter
- continuous mirroring of data to a second data server;
- monitoring of data safety and resource capacity.
"To Cloud or not to Cloud? Is that YOUR question?"
"Please contact our support team at: email@example.com."
At customer's request Sunrise provides 24/7 support as part of premium support. The Sunrise team will work with you to identify, troubleshoot and resolve technical issues, provide advice and recommendations on business processes and best practices, and help tailor your solution to maximize your efficiencies and business benefits.
Sunrise customers depend not only on software quality, but also on the team's experience in supporting those solutions around the world. Sunrise stands behind all of its products with a world-class support organization, capable of serving its customer base. Sunrise customers also have access to our online customer care center. Sunrise customer care provides 24/7 access to information, resources, and services including customer account information, an online Knowledge Base, product documentation and downloads, online forums and communities, and other helpful information.
Sunrise software applications are web based and there is no such thing as a handbook for a website. Sunrise is intuitive and user friendly by design, based on an early focus on users and tasks and testing for learnability and usability.
Nevertheless, Sunrise and training go hand-in-hand. Without proper training, developers would fail to build successful applications, implementers would not be able to pair business needs with Sunrise features, administrators would fail to maintain the reliable, safe and performant operation of the system, the support team would not be able to prevent and solve everyday issues and last but not least, the end users would hate the changes and would not be able to enjoy the added values of the product.
The Sunrise team uses different training programmes for different stakeholders:
- End users
- Support team>
"Do YOU need training?"
"Do YOU want to keep successful applications?"
AppExchange is Sunrise's marketplace for business applications and consulting partners. Together with the Sunrise suite and partner software applications, the Sunrise AppExchange can unlock the door to market your solution to a large group of business subscribers. Fundamental shifts happening in the world are having a huge impact on how we design, build and interact with applications:
- Mobility has changed how we access applications and data. According to Gartner, by 2015, 2.6 billion mobile devices will be sold and according to Forrester, smartphones and tablets will book 50% of all online sales by 2018. As consumers, we have gotten used to having all of our apps and data at our fingertips, no matter where we are.
- The social media revolution has changed how we connect and collaborate with each other. 22% of Internet time is spent on social applications like Twitter and Facebook. The number of social network users, now 2 billion, already surpassed email users back in 2009.
- Cloud has arrived. Applications, platforms, and databases are all moving to the cloud with proven benefits in agility, simplicity and openness.
While we can all relate to these trends in our personal lives, there is still a large divide between what we've gotten used to at home and the reality of the applications we use in the workplace. Leading companies have bridged this divide by building integrated social and mobile applications for their employees, partners, and customers. These applications provide a level of collaboration and productivity that delights users, and the result is transformational for the business.
Sunrise AppExchange is a modern and open service that grew up and scaled in the cloud. It has been built with the needs of a social and mobile world at its core, not as an afterthought.